Krkonoše Photo - 1 Krkonoše Photo - 2 Krkonoše Photo - 3 Krkonoše Photo - 4 Krkonoše Photo - 5 Krkonoše Photo - 6


krkonose.eu » Tourist Destinations, A to Z » Town Hall – Rokytnice nad Jizerou

Town Hall – Rokytnice nad Jizerou

Print
Town Hall – Rokytnice nad Jizerou
Radnice Rokytnice 2 Radnice Rokytnice Radnice Rokytnice 3
Horní 197, 512 44 Rokytnice n/Jiz.
Email: mesto@mesto-rokytnice.cz
Phone: +420 481 549 311
Web:
Map: View

The construction works on the town hall began on 12 April 1902 after a project by architects Holman and Krause of Vrchlabi in the Art Nouveau style. The builder was Josef Hajek from Jilemnice, who completed the building in September 1903. The town hall tower is 37 m tall and construction works included the canalisation of the local brook. The main town hall building housed the municipal library, savings bank and an apartment for a savings bank worker. There were three prison cells in the cellars. In 1971 the ceremonial hall was reconstructed and a new chandelier, manufactured in the Harrachov glassworks by V. Jirous from Rokytnice, was installed. Two years later, the roof, facade and electrical equipment was renewed.