Krkonoše Photo - 1 Krkonoše Photo - 2 Krkonoše Photo - 3 Krkonoše Photo - 4 Krkonoše Photo - 5 Krkonoše Photo - 6


krkonose.eu » Tourist Destinations, A to Z » Small Chapel and Spring of St. Anne

Small Chapel and Spring of St. Anne

Print
Small Chapel and Spring of St. Anne
kaplička a studánka sv. Anny Vrchlabí
Krkonošská 8, 543 01 Vrchlabí
Email: info@krkonose.eu
Phone: +420 499 405 744
Web: http://www.krkonose.eu
Map: View

The chapel, built in 1832, is dedicated to St. Anne, patron of the town of Vrchlabi. It was in a dilapidated state from the mid-20th century and eventually only the gable wall was left. Thanks to the Zdrave Krkonose citizens’ initiative, the structure was reconstructed in 2003-2004, exactly following the historical materials used, including the renewal of the water source from the Stavidlovy hill side to feed a small well inside the chapel. The murals on the topics of St. Anne were designed by creative artist Kveta Krhankova and made using a grid method in the style of the Beuronese art school from the end of the 19th century, with symbolist and decorativist elements inspired by ancient Egyptian art. The chapel was inaugurated and consecrated in July 2004 and lies on Stavidlovy vrch Street on the way from Sidliste sever to Horejsi Vrchlabi.