Krkonoše Photo - 1 Krkonoše Photo - 2 Krkonoše Photo - 3 Krkonoše Photo - 4 Krkonoše Photo - 5 Krkonoše Photo - 6


krkonose.eu » Tourist Destinations, A to Z » Church of the Holy Trinity

Church of the Holy Trinity

Print
Church of the Holy Trinity
Kostel Nejsvětější Trojice
188, 542 21 Pec pod Snežkou
Email: turista@turistapec.cz
Phone: 00420 499 736 280
Web: turistapec.cz
Map: View

The Church of the Holy Trinity in Velka Upa, a part of Pec pod Snezkou, was completed in the spring of 1789 and the church spire two years later. The big bell was a donation from Emperor Leopold II and the church clock with its gold-plated numerals and clock hands were made thanks to contributions from many volunteers in 1875. Three other bells were added in 1923 to announce dangers, such as floods, attacks or fires, and also New Year’s Eve. The clock was in operation until a few years after World War Two but eventually stopped. The new electrical clock was installed thanks to support from the Za prosperitu obce free citizens' association and was put into operation on 10 October 2001.