Krkonoše Photo - 1 Krkonoše Photo - 2 Krkonoše Photo - 3 Krkonoše Photo - 4 Krkonoše Photo - 5 Krkonoše Photo - 6


krkonose.eu » Tourist Destinations, A to Z » Church of St. James

Church of St. James

Print
Church of St. James
Kostel sv. Jakuba Kostel sv. Jakuba Kostel sv. Jakuba Kostel sv. Jakuba -vstupní brána Kostel sv. Jakuba - věž kostel sv. Jakuba - interiér, varhany kostel sv. Jakuba - interiér, oltář kostel sv. Jakuba - cesta od kostela
Prostřední Lánov čp. 39, 543 41 Lánov
Email: infocentrum@lanov.cz
Phone: +420 499 432 083
Web: http://www.lanov.cz
Map: View

The Church of St. James the Greater (since 1637) was built on the so-called church hill as a Renaissance building in 1599-1603 with the participation of an important north Italian architect, Carlo Valmadi. Originally it was a wooden building, with the presbytery being the oldest part and dating back to probably before 1420. The spire was built in 1511-1518 and had a sundial on the southern side until 1832, when it was replaced by a dial clock. Stone Stations of the Cross can be seen in the churchyard, now without the paintings.