Krkonoše Photo - 1 Krkonoše Photo - 2 Krkonoše Photo - 3 Krkonoše Photo - 4 Krkonoše Photo - 5 Krkonoše Photo - 6


Franciscan Monastery

Print
Franciscan Monastery
Františkánský klášter Františkánský klášter 2 Františkánský klášter 3 Františkánský klášter5 Františkánský klášter 6 Františkánský klášter 7 Františkánský klášter 8
Nádražní 119, 543 71 Hostinné
Email: klaster@kthostinne.cz
Phone: +420 499 524 239
Web: http://www.klasterhostinne.cz
Map: View

At the end of the 16th century, the cemetery Church of the Holy Trinity was built probably after a project by the Italian architect Carol Valmadi. It was used by the Jesuits until they left the town after conflicts with the town’s governor. The Franciscans came in 1666, acquired the church, which they dedicated to Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception in 1677 and began building the convent. The Chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows was attached to the eastern part of the church in 1685 and the building was further extended in 1743-1745. The church was prolonged from the chancel arch and extended to the west with a new perimeter wall, constituting a two-nave church plan, a very rare composition in Baroque architecture. In 1785 a decree issued by Emperor Joseph II. abolished the church and the Franciscans were forced to leave. After a short return in the 1920’s, they definitely had to withdraw from the monastery in 1949. The premises continued as a storage facility and were close to demolition in the 1960’s. A Gallery of Antique Art was eventually established in the church in 1969

Opening hours:
květen–září říjen–duben
Pondělí zavřeno zavřeno
Úterý 9:00–12:00 13:00–17:00 10:00–12:00 13:00–17:00
Středa 9:00–12:00 13:00–17:00 10:00–12:00 13:00–17:00
Čtvrtek 9:00–12:00 13:00–17:00 10:00–12:00 13:00–17:00
Pátek 9:00–12:00 13:00–17:00 10:00–12:00 13:00–17:00
Sobota 9:00–12:00 13:00–17:00 10:00–12:00 13:00–17:00
Neděle 13:00–17:00 zavřeno